Friday, June 08, 2007

They said it couldn't be done.. :-)

Development in Visual Studio 2003 on Microsoft Vista.

It is said that it is not possible to use Visual Studio 2003 in Microsoft Vista, and as I have written about earlier on, I set out on a small journey to find out how far I could get into using it on my Tecra M4.

Here is the current list:

  • Installed .Net Framework 1.1 - OK
  • Installed Visual Studio 2003 on Vista - OK
  • Been able to compile and build my projects under 2003 - OK
  • Debug web-based applications with Visual Studio 2003 and IIS 7.0 - OK
  • Edit and continue in Visual Studio 2003 - OK

The only thing I know I will have problems with is developing plain web applications  (you know the project type APS.Net Web Application), but since I don't use them, I wont cry either..!

No comments: